Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Backtracking (Week #1 Thing 2)

Ok, it looks like I happened to have skipped a few tasks. My bad. It's all good. I WILL get everything done that needs to be completed. Why? I WANT THE WII!

When I reveiwed the 7 1/2 habits, I realized that the easiest habit to learn would accepting responsibilty for my own learning. Not only do I work full time, take care of my crazy yet lovable 7 year old daughter, but I also go to school. I take online classes so there is not a teacher standing in front of me everyday and night telling me what to do all the time. I have to take responsibility for my own actions to insure that all my studies and projects are completed within the designated time. I can see how this is a definete goal to lifelong learning because people will not always stand with you holding your hand in life. You must be able to do things on your own to help yourself.

The hardest challenge for me is to view problems as challenges. Granted to a degree I already do this, but if something is driving me crazy, I tend to go into panic mode and totally shut down. I will walk away from the problem and try to avoid it at all cost. This is bad because it will hinder my learning process, but over time, I have started to improve on this. I am learning that, yes, it is OK to walk away from a problem to calm down, but you must always return to it to get it completed.

No comments: