Monday, August 13, 2007

Yelp Me Helped Me! Week 8 Thing 19

This week, our challenge was to find a site that won a Web 2.0 award. I was thinking, "Oh Boy, what the heck can I possibly find?" Well, in less than 1 minute I came across a website that took home the first place honors called Yelp. (www.yelp.com) On this site you can navigate through many different cities across the US and find reviews on everything from real estate, to resturants, and shopping, to night life. Needless to say, being the luscious big girl that I am, I had to check out the resturants. Nice to see that some of my favorite locations such as the Red Brick Station, Five Guys, and Original Steakhouse and Sports Theater. All I can say is WOW!

I have learned a lot over several weeks on doing the 23 Things, but this has to be my favorite thus far. My boyfriend and I are always looking for new places to dine and I think that I have found a new love...well, Internet love. Matter of fact, I am on the phone with him now telling him to add this place to our favorites on our computer. Don't worry! Technically I am still working!!!

No comments: